Thursday 24 April 2014

Unable to find .dll in GAC after deployment in Sharepoint 2013.

I thought of posting this solution in my blog because many of them might have faced the similar issue.

I was trying to deploy my project, but could not find an assembly in GAC even after successful deployment. I tried draggng the dll to "c:\windows\assembly" folder   and also tried installing that using "gacutil" , but I was not successful, finally I got to know the proper path of my dll where it was deployed.

Solution:

c:\windows\assembly, is the directory for the GAC in .NET versions 1.0 through 3.5. It has been moved to c:\windows\microsoft.net\assembly in .NET 4.0 and up. You can browse that directory with Explorer, the shell extension handler that flattened the view of the GAC directories is no longer used. If the assembly doesn't contain any unmanaged code then start in the GAC_MSIL directory, you'll have few problems locating the actual file from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment